Suggest a new PokéStop to help Trainers get out and explore their communities
Trainers who've reached level 38 can help grow the number of PokéStops in their community by nominating eligible objects and locations in Niantic Wayfarer. Once submitted, the PokéStop nomination will be evaluated by Niantic’s player community and then the highly-rated nominations may be accepted as a PokéStop or even a Gym. Keep in mind that not all eligible nominations will appear live in Pokémon GO, they may appear in other Niantic games.
For more in-depth information on what makes a high-quality nomination, view the complete Wayspot criteria.
Note: This feature is not available for users with child accounts.
Submitting a PokéStop Nomination
1. Starting the nomination
- First, go to an object or location that you think would make a good PokéStop.
- Tap the Settings button.
- Tap the New PokéStop button to start the nomination.
2. Set the Location on the Map
On the map, you’ll see an orange PokéStop pin that represents the location of your PokéStop nomination. If there are already PokéStops in the surrounding areas, you’ll also see them displayed on the map with a blue PokéStop marker.
Tap or drag the orange PokéStop pin to the most accurate location representing the object for your nomination. Nominations that are too close to existing PokéStops or with inaccurate locations will most likely be considered ineligible.
Tap Confirm when your pin is in the most accurate location.
3. Take a Photo of the Object
Take a clear photo that makes it easy to see the object/location that corresponds to your nomination. Low-quality photos (dark/blurry/taken from a car) may cause a nomination that otherwise meets criteria to be considered ineligible.
Do not submit photos that you did not take yourself and avoid photos that contain people, body parts, live animals, or copyrighted objects / materials.
4. Take another photo for context of the surrounding area
Next, you’ll need to take an additional photo of the surrounding area around your nomination. These photos will help our community of reviewers determine if the PokéStop location is safe and accessible. This surrounding area photo will not appear on the PokéStop in-game and will only be shared with the community of players that are evaluating your nomination.
5. Add a Title and Description
Once you have an accurate location and a high-quality photo, you can enter a title and description that describes the object you are nominating. While titles and descriptions may be submitted in any language, the official local language is preferred.
- Title: Enter in a detailed and unique title. If possible, please use the official name of the object or location.
- Description: Information that other players might find interesting about the location such as the origin, history, or background of this place.
Do not include the following in the titles or descriptions:
- HTML or URLs
- References to usernames, nicknames or game-specific terms (such as Raid or PokéStop)
6. Preview and Submit
On the preview screen, you can view your nomination details one last time before you finalize and submit. Tap Confirm once you’ve verified everything looks good.
7. Show why your nomination is important
The final step helps give the nomination reviewers some more context as to why your nomination should be considered eligible. Here, you can specify what makes your nomination a high-quality PokéStop candidate. These sections will not appear on the PokéStop details and will only be shared with the community of reviewers that are evaluating your nomination.
When your nomination is complete, tap Submit to send your nomination for review.
8. Review by Community
When you have completed your nomination, you’ll receive a confirmation email and it will be sent for review by our community of nomination reviewers. We strive to process your nomination as soon as possible but, depending on the level of review needed, it may take several weeks or months. Once the community has made a decision regarding your PokéStop nomination, you’ll receive an update via email.
- If your nomination was deemed eligible: Congrats, you’ve helped contribute to encouraging Trainers all over the world to explore their communities! Please keep in mind that not all eligible PokéStop nominations are able to appear live in Pokémon GO. However, they may appear in other Niantic games.
- If your nomination was deemed ineligible: Please review the PokéStop criteria to make sure your nomination follows all of the criteria. We receive a large number of nominations and not all of them are guaranteed to be added to the game.
Note about user-submitted content and ownership
When you submit a PokéStop nomination to Niantic, we don’t claim ownership of that content. You still retain your rights to the content as the creator. But you do grant Niantic a license to use the content in any way we see fit. This means, for example, that we have your permission to use the PokéStop images and descriptions to create new in-game locations in Pokémon GO, but we also have your permission to use them to create locations across different games. This is just a brief summary of how we use user-submitted content. For the full details, please review the Pokémon GO Terms of Service.