EX Raids are similar to Raid Battles except that they require a special pass to attend. These EX Raid Passes have to be earned, but you’ll have an opportunity to catch the some of the most sought after Pokémon. Additionally, if you earn an EX Raid Pass, you can invite one of your Ultra Friends or Best Friends to join you in the EX Raid Battle.
Earning an EX Raid Pass
To earn an EX Raid Pass, you must have successfully completed a raid recently by defeating a Raid Boss at the Gym where the EX Raid Battle will take place. If you receive an EX Raid Pass, you’ll find it in your Bag with the EX Raid details. EX Raid Passes can only be used at the indicated Gym and time on the invitation.
To increase your chances of receiving an EX Raid Pass:
- Join more Raid Battles. The more Raid Battles you successfully complete, the greater your chances to receive an EX Raid Pass.
- To increase your odds even more, try completing raids at a variety of different Gyms.
- Earn higher level Gym Badges at EX Raid Gyms. Trainers with a high-level Gym Badge are more likely to be invited to EX Raid Battles.
Inviting a Friend
When you receive an EX Raid Pass, you have the option to invite a friend to join you.
Note: This feature is not available for users with child accounts.
- When you receive an EX Raid Pass, there will be an option to invite a friend. Tap on Invite.
- Select one friend to invite to your EX Raid. You can only invite friends that you have reached the Ultra Friends or Best Friends Friendship level with.
- Once the invitation is sent, the EX Raid invitation will appear in your friend’s Bag and both you and your friend will be able to attend the EX Raid.
Trainers can only hold one gifted EX Raid invitation at a time. If you receive an invitation from a friend, you won't be able to receive another one from anyone else until you decline that first invitation or the EX Raid Pass expires.