Note: For Apple Users, this release will show as version 1.163 in the App Store.
Last updated: January 19, 2021
Release notes may be posted before the release is available to all players. Please check your app store for the latest version of Pokémon GO available to you.
- A new search filter “candyxl” has been added to search for Pokémon that have been powered up with Candy XL.
- To prevent accidental transfers, the “Select All” button is no longer available after long pressing a Pokémon on the main Pokémon inventory page. It can still be accessed when viewing a subset of Pokémon, either through search filters or tags.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Trainers to experience an unresponsive app after using a Berry in a Pokémon encounter.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Trainers to be unable to use Fast Attacks in Raids.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mega Pokémon in the Pokédex to have incorrect cries.
- Fixed an issue that caused Trainers to be unable to fully heal their Mega Pokémon whenever that Mega Pokémon’s CP was boosted for an event.
- Fixed an issue that prevented level 40+ Trainers from receiving Candy when feeding Berries to Pokémon at Gyms.
- Fixed an issue that caused Pokémon tags to not be cleared upon a trade, causing an unresponsive app.
- Fixed an issue that caused Trainers with devices set to certain languages to be unable to open Google Maps from the PokéStop details screen.
Please see our Known Issues page for a regularly updated list of issues currently being investigated by our engineering team. Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of all issues we are aware of or working to fix, but rather a list of issues currently affecting the most players.
There is always something fun going on in Pokémon GO! Join us for events like Community Day, Raid Hours, and special themed events where you can encounter different Pokémon and enjoy bonuses. Visit pokemongolive.com for a list of events.