Note: For Apple Users, this release will show as version 1.157 in the App Store.
Last updated: October 29, 2020
Release notes may be posted before the release is available to all players. Please check your app store for the latest version of Pokémon GO available to you.
- In Trainer Battles, the switch menu has been replaced by two buttons on the right side of the screen to more easily access the Pokémon you can switch to during your battles
- In Trainer Battles, the switch animation camera angle has shifted so that you are able to see your Pokémon's HP bar when your opponent is switching their Pokémon
- Soon, battle parties will be saved on your account itself instead of on your device, meaning they’ll be synced when you reinstall the game or change devices
- The Flying-type Charged Attack mini-game has been slightly slowed down
- You can now navigate from a Pokémon’s detail page directly to its Pokédex entry
- You can now navigate from a Pokédex entry directly to the Pokémon storage to see all Pokémon you have of that species
- Soon, you’ll be able to see more information about the Pokémon you obtain on the Pokémon detail page. Note that this will not backfill information on Pokémon you’ve obtained prior to this feature.
- A new loading screen has been added
- Fixed an issue that caused invited friends to be removed from a raid if all Pokémon in their battle party faint
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Remove Friend” button to be cut off from the bottom of the Friend detail page on devices with certain aspect ratios
- Fixed an issue that caused Adventure Sync to not work on some devices on Android 9 and below
- Fixed a visual error that showed eggs to be incubating when tapping on them from the Egg menu, regardless of whether they were in incubators or not
- Fixed an issue that caused the app to freeze when collecting Avatar items from Special Research rewards
- Fixed an issue that caused wins to not be recorded properly in GO Battle League
- Fixed an issue that caused the Best Buddy Pokémon CP boost to not be applied without first interacting with your buddy
- Fixed an issue that caused the account linking option to be missing from the Settings Menu
Please see our Known Issues page for a regularly updated list of issues currently being investigated by our engineering team. Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of all issues we are aware of or working to fix, but rather a list of issues currently affecting the most players.
There is always something fun going on in Pokémon GO! Join us for events like Community Day, Raid Hours, and special themed events where you can encounter different Pokémon and enjoy bonuses. Visit pokemongolive.com for a list of events.