We want our games to be a fun and safe experience for all players. To achieve this end, we employ an automated system that automatically prevents players from using certain terminology in their Trainer nicknames and review player reports of inappropriate Trainer nicknames they encounter.
In response to reports, we may punish players using nicknames deemed inappropriate or modify our filters to prevent players from using inappropriate terminology in the future.
Inappropriate nicknames may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- sexual or pornographic references,
- obscenities or derogatory words,
- words that promote illegal activity,
- words related to hate speech or hatred against members of a protected group,
- or words intended to abuse or harass another player.
To report an inappropriate nickname, please contact us through the Pokémon GO app:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Get Support
- Type your issue into the message box and select “Report a Player” when presented with the option.