Your avatar is a character model that represents you and is visible to others when you battle, trade, or add them as friends.
You can change your avatar’s physical features as well as their clothing and accessories. Each gender has its own set of clothing and accessory styles, and you can choose between different hairstyles, skin tones, shirts, pants, footwear, and more.
Many styles are available for free, but some styles can be only obtained by exchanging PokéCoins and others can be unlocked reaching new Trainer levels.
To customize your avatar:
- In Map View, tap your Trainer’s portrait in the bottom left.
- Select an apparel category from the row of options.
- Within the category, select from different style and color options.
- Once you are satisfied with your selection, you can apply the style to your avatar.
- For free items: tap Choose to wear the item.
- For premium items: tap Exchange to use PokéCoins to purchase the item.
- Tap the X button to return to the previous menu.
You can also customize your avatar’s physical features (hair, skin, eye color, and gender) by tapping the button on the top-right corner of the Style screen.