Raid Hours are hour-long global events during which one particular Pokémon or a group of Pokémon appears more frequently in Raids. Raid Hours typically feature new, rare, Legendary, or Mythical Pokémon as Raid Bosses, sometimes with exclusive moves. Read this article to learn more about Raid Battles and how they work.
When preparing for a Raid Hour, keep these tips in mind:
- Ensure your device is set to automatically detect your timezone.
- If you're using an Android device, enable the Improve Location Accuracy setting.
- Ensure your internet connection is as strong as possible. We recommend disconnecting from Wi-Fi so your connection stays stable as you walk around.
- Collect your daily free Raid Pass by spinning the Photo Disk at any Gym.
- Raid Hours usually feature difficult Bosses, so it’s best to take them on with a group of friends.
- Check the Raid Hour Pokémon’s types and prepare a Battle Party in advance to ensure your attacks are super effective and your Pokémon resist attacks.
To learn about upcoming Raid Hours, keep an eye on our in-game news and follow our official social media channels. You can also turn on push notifications for “Events, Offers, and Updates” in your Pokémon GO’s Settings menu.
To turn on push notifications:
- Scroll down to Push Notifications and tap Events, Offers, and Updates