Trainers can enjoy special content and social experiences around the world at major real-world events like Pokémon GO Fest and Pokémon GO Safari Zone. Attendance for some of these events is limited in order to maintain the best gameplay experience possible. To attend such events, you will need to register for a ticket through our in-app ticketing system.
Typically, detailed information about upcoming live events (including dates, entry times, and registration/ticketing information) can be found on our official Pokémon GO blog. You can also follow Pokémon GO on Twitter for updates and event-related announcements.
Types of Ticketing
Tickets to real-world Pokémon GO events are distributed in one of two ways:
- On a first-come-first-served basis
- Via random drawings for a chance to purchase tickets
To purchase tickets:
- Open the Pokémon GO app
- On the following page, all upcoming live events will be listed, starting with the soonest event at the top
Please Note: At this time, tickets are only usable by the Trainer accounts input during registration. Tickets are not refundable or transferable to other accounts.
You'll see the label “Tickets Available!” next to a first-come-first-serve event if it hasn't yet sold out. Tap the event to select the date and time you wish to attend the event, purchase tickets for friends (see the “Reserving Tickets for Other Trainers” section below), and input your payment information to complete your purchase. On the payment confirmation page, please take note of your order ID. You’ll also receive a confirmation email at the address you entered right before payment.
Entering a Ticket Drawing
If the event’s tickets are distributed via a drawing and entries are still being accepted, the event will be labeled “Enter Drawing!” Tap the event, confirm your email address, then tap Enter Drawing. Make sure it is an email address that you can easily access. It does not need to match the email associated with your Pokémon GO game account, but each account can only submit one email address.
Please Note: You will not receive a confirmation email just for entering the drawing.
Claiming tickets as a drawing winner:
Winners will receive a notification email if they are selected in a drawing. This email states your deadline to complete the purchase (listed in GMT time), which will be 48 hours after being selected. Please check back on the in-app Events page frequently to see if you were selected, in case your email bounced. You will not get an email if you are not selected.
- After receiving the email, return to the Events menu and tap the event for which you won the drawing. The following page will now show a Get Tickets button. Use it to begin your registration.
- Choose the event date, time, and quantity of tickets that you would like to buy. Read the descriptions carefully to find the best choice for you, but note that you can only choose one date and ticket type for your entire order.
- Assign any extra tickets to other Trainers (see the next section).
- Once complete, you will receive a confirmation email. The Events page will also update with a "virtual ticket" and a button to view your order at any time.
Reserving Tickets for Other Trainers (for orders with 2+ tickets):
Input the usernames of the friends that you would like to buy tickets for (one name per input box) and click “Add.” Make sure that the spelling is correct. You must be at least Great Friends (7 days of interaction) with the other Trainer.
You must also assign the entire quantity of tickets that you selected to eligible friends before you can proceed to payment. Because only one ticket type is allowed per order, your friends will all receive the same ticket type for the date and time you selected.
Child Account Event Registration (Niantic Kids & Pokémon Trainer Club)
Trainers with child accounts can attend events when accompanied by a parent or guardian. In order to purchase tickets, their parent or guardian must enter themselves into the drawing and/or reserve a ticket for themselves and for any children that will be attending.
- The parent or guardian must be logged into their Pokémon GO account.
- Enter the event drawing through the parent or guardian’s account by following the drawing instructions above.
- Monitor the parent or guardian’s email for a notification email indicating that they’ve won the chance to purchase event tickets.
- When selecting the event date and time, be sure to add additional tickets for each child account that will also be in attendance.
- Complete your ticket purchase by following the purchase instructions above, ensuring that the child’s username is selected on the Friend selection screen (Note: Parent and child do not need to be Friends to select the child’s username on the Friend selection screen).
Important Notes about child account registration:
- The parent/guardian must have a Pokémon GO account in order to purchase tickets or enter a drawing.
- The email associated with the parent/guardian’s Pokémon GO account must match the parent/guardian’s email address on file with Niantic Kids/Pokémon Trainer Club.
- When claiming tickets, the parent/guardian can input their child’s username on the friend selection screen, where the relationship will be validated. Attempts by any other account to register tickets for children will not be allowed.
- Unlike with standard accounts, a parent and child don’t need to be Friends to select the child’s username.
Certain events may feature optional Add-Ons, which are merchandise or additional features that will complement or enhance your event experience. You can select which Add-Ons you’re interested in purchasing once you’ve selected your ticket type. Some Add-Ons require additional input (e.g. T-shirt size).
Please note that you don’t have to apply Add-Ons to every user in your order, if you’re buying tickets for multiple users.