Having trouble accessing your Pokémon GO account? This article details troubleshooting steps for how to solve various sign-in issues.
“Unable to Authenticate” and “Failed to Log in” Error Messages
You may receive “failed to log in” or “unable to authenticate” error messages if our servers are experiencing a temporary issue or your network connectivity is poor.
Check to ensure your mobile device has a strong network connection, or wait a short while, then try logging in again. If the issue persists, try closing and reopening the Pokémon GO app.
Your account password is maintained by your login provider: either Google, Facebook, Apple, Pokemon Trainer Club, or Niantic Kids. Because Pokémon GO does not collect or store your external account passwords, our support team cannot access or reset the password of the external account you use to log in.
To change or reset your password, please visit your login provider's website:
- Google: For information on resetting or changing your password, visit the Google Accounts Help Center.
- Facebook: For information on resetting or changing your password, visit the Facebook Help Center.
- Apple: Visit this Apple support page for help changing your password.
- Pokémon Trainer Club: visit the Pokemon Trainer Club website to reset or change your Pokémon Trainer Club password. For further assistance with Pokémon Trainer Club, you can reach Pokémon support here.
- Niantic Kids: Visit this page to learn how to reset your parent or child account’s password.
Email Address & Login Provider Help
If you do not know which email address or login provider you used to log into Pokémon GO, we may be able to help recover it by looking up your Trainer nickname.
I don't know my Trainer nickname...
To help find your Trainer nickname, we recommend reviewing screenshots you may have saved on your mobile device while playing Pokémon GO. Your nickname appears in the bottom left corner of the screen in Map View, or above your Avatar on the Trainer Profile screen.
Note about Pokémon Trainer Club accounts: Your Pokémon Trainer Club screen name, username, and Player ID are separate from your Pokémon GO Trainer nickname.
Still don’t know your Trainer nickname or email address?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to locate your account in our system without either your Trainer nickname or email address. In the event you recall your login provider, use the resources below to recover your login credentials:
- Google: Use Google’s recovery form to receive a list of all your Google email addresses.
- Facebook: Visit the Facebook Help Center for help logging back into your account.Apple: You may have chosen the “Hide my email” option when creating an account. If so, go to your Settings app to find your randomly generated email address for Pokémon GO, or visit this Apple support page for additional help logging back into your account.
- Pokemon Trainer Club: Visit the Pokemon Trainer Club website for help recovering your account. For further assistance with Pokémon Trainer Club, you can reach Pokémon support at the Pokémon Support website.
- Niantic Kids: Contact us via this form and select “Sign-in Issue” from the dropdown menu.