Currently, when starting Pikmin Bloom with a Nintendo Account, you won’t be able to link it with any login methods used for other Niantic games.
After creating your Pikmin Bloom account, you may link an additional login provider—either Facebook, Google, Nintendo Account or Apple—to your account. Once linked, you’ll be able to sign into Pikmin Bloom using any of the login providers linked to your account, but note that you can only have one login linked for each login provider (e.g., only one Facebook profile, Gmail address, Nintendo Account or Apple ID can be connected at a time).
Some reasons we advise having multiple login providers include:
- If you created an account using a non-permanent email address (e.g. a work or school email address) that you may lose access to in the future.
- If the single login provider you’ve chosen is experiencing an interruption in service, you will be able to log in using a different provider.
- If you choose to change the login provider account to which your Pikmin Bloom account is linked.
*Note about sign in with Nintendo Account: There are several limitations when using a Nintendo Account. Please read “About Sign-in with Nintendo Account” before you link a Nintendo Account.
*Note about Sign in with Apple: Signing in with Apple and linking an Apple account is currently only available for players with devices running iOS 13. Read the “Sign-in with Apple” article for more information about Apple accounts.
*Note about child accounts: Linking multiple login providers is not available for child accounts. Players with child accounts(Niantic Kids or Nintendo accounts under Supervised Status) will not see the option in the Settings menu.
*Important note if you play other Niantic games: Account linking and unlinking takes effect across all Niantic products. Unlinking a login provider that is used for multiple Niantic games will unlink the login provider for all of those games. For example: if you're unlinking a Facebook account from your Pikmin Bloom account, you will no longer be able to log into any other Niantic game with Facebook.
To link an additional account:
- In Profile Screen, tap the Gear Icon on top-right corner
- Under the Linked Accounts section, select the “Not Linked” checkbox next to the login provider you would like to connect.
- Follow the prompts to link your account. Once your account is linked, you can use that login provider to sign into your Pikmin Bloom account.
If you receive an error message when attempting to link a login provider to your account, it is often because that account is already linked to another Pikmin Bloom account.
Unlinking a Login Provider
To disconnect any other login provider, deselect the “Linked” checkbox next to the login provider you would like to disconnect. After you unlink, you will no longer be able to sign into your account using that login provider. Note that you cannot remove the login provider you used to sign into your current gameplay session.
Updating a Login Provider
You may update any of your login providers (e.g. change the Facebook, Google, or Apple account to which you are connected) at any time, by unlinking the account you no longer want, and re-linking your desired account. Keep in mind that to do so, you will need to have a secondary login provider, as you are unable to unlink all login methods from your account at one time.