Please note, faction and codename changes are not guaranteed. Change requests are currently taking 1–2 weeks to review and process. You will receive an email reply once the change is completed or denied. Submitting multiple requests does not speed up the process and may result in your change being processed more than once, even if that's not your intent.
- Codename changes are only allowed for players that accidentally input their real name or their activation code.
- Request a codename change via the Ingress Help Center
- Only one faction change is permitted per player.
- If a faction change request is accepted, that player’s Portals, live Resonators, and inventory items (i.e. XMPs, Resonators, Keys, etc) will be lost, and the player will be returned to Level 1 with 0AP.
- Request a faction change via the Ingress Help Center
If one of your teammates changes allegiances, you may see NIAOPSDAEMONX destroying entities. Do not be alarmed, all traitor activity must be wiped. Some of your related entities may be destroyed in the process, but it is for your own good and the security of your faction.
NIA Recommendation: Retain your current alliance. Have faith, this did not happen by chance, you were chosen.