We will remove Portals from Ingress for a very specific and limited set of reasons:
- There’s no longer safe pedestrian access to the Portal.
- The Portal obstructs or interferes with Emergency Services’ ability to perform normal operations. This includes, but isn’t limited to, fire stations, police stations, hospitals, military bases, industrial sites, power plants and air traffic control towers.
- The Portal is not a permanent installation. This includes seasonal displays that are only put up during certain times of the year.
- They are natural features, including pictures of landscapes as well as submissions where the subject is a lake, river, stream, mountain, volcano, waterfall. Note that photos that include man-made points of interest - plaques, signs, etc. - near natural features are acceptable.
- The Portal has been permanently removed or is a duplicate of an existing Portal.
- The Portal’s real-world location appears to be within 40 meters of private residential property.
If you’re a property owner and wish to make a removal request related to your property, please visit this link to submit your request with all necessary details. All other invalid portal reports must be submitted via the Scanner.
To Report an Invalid Portal Using the Scanner:
- Select REPORT INVALID PORTAL at the bottom
- Choose the reason you believe the Portal is invalid.