Having trouble accessing your Ingress account? This article details troubleshooting steps for how to solve various sign-in issues.
“Unable to Authenticate” and “Failed to Log in” Error Messages
You may receive “failed to log in” or “unable to authenticate” error messages if our servers are experiencing a temporary issue or your network connectivity is poor.
Check to ensure your mobile device has a strong network connection, or wait a short while, then try logging in again. If the issue persists, try closing and reopening the Ingress app.
Your account password is maintained by your login provider: either Google, Facebook or Apple. Because Ingress does not collect or store your external account passwords, our support team cannot access or reset the password of the external account you use to log in.
To change or reset your password, please visit your login provider's website:
- Google: For information on resetting or changing your password, visit the Google Accounts Help Center.
- Facebook: For information on resetting or changing your password, visit the Facebook Help Center.
- Apple: Visit this Apple support page for help changing your password.
Email Address & Login Provider Help
If you do not know which email address or login provider you used to log into Ingress, we may be able to help recover it by looking up your Agent codename.
I know my Agent Codename!
Please contact us and select "Sign-in Issue" from the menu for assistance recovering your email address.
I don't know my Agent Codename...
To help find your Agent codename, we recommend reviewing screenshots you may have saved on your mobile device while playing Ingress. Your codename appears in the top right corner of the Scanner in Map View, or at the top center of your Agent profile page. If you happen to find your Agent Codename, please contact us and select "Sign-in Issue" from the menu.
Still don’t know your Agent Codename or email address?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to locate your account in our system without either your Agent codename or email address. In the event you recall your login provider, follow the steps below to recover your login credentials.
- Google: Use Google’s recovery form to receive a list of all your Google email addresses.
- Facebook: Visit the Facebook Help Center for help logging back into your account.
- Apple: You may have chosen the “Hide my email” option when creating an account. If so, go to your Settings app to find your randomly generated email address for Ingress, or visit this Apple support page for additional help logging back into your account.
Still having trouble?
Send us a message! Use this form to contact us and select “Sign-in Issue” from the dropdown menu.
Please note that, if you use the Hide my Email feature in your Apple ID, you’ll need to provide our support team with this obfuscated email address. Learn more about Hide My Email at the Apple Support Center.