Nominations and edit submissions may be entirely rejected if it meets at least one of the following rejection criteria:
- Does not meet eligibility criteriaDoes not seem to be a great place of exploration, place for exercise, or place to be social. The object is mass-produced, generic, or not visually unique or interesting.
- Ineligible location, place, or object
- Location is unsafe, without pedestrian access
- Location is a private residential property (even if historical), farmland, a K12 and under school (preschool, primary/elementary, secondary/high school), child care/daycare center, rehabilitation center, safety shelter
- Location is an adult-oriented store or service, such as a liquor store, shooting range, firearm store, or provides sexual and/or adult content
- Location obstructs the driveways of emergency services or may interfere with the operations of fire stations, police stations, hospitals, military bases, industrial sites, power plants, or air traffic control towers
- Location, place, or object is temporary, or highly unlikely to be permanent
- Sensitive locations like gravestones (not associated with a significant/historical figure) and cemeteries
- A generic business, chain, or franchise that is not locally unique
Locations that are intentionally and strategically placed to provide advantage to a single player or collective group. Or location edits that attempt to move the Wayspot away from the object with which it’s associated (for example, moving the Wayspot to a different city/country or moving it to a more convenient location).
Ineligible text or description
Title and/or description seems copied and pasted from other sources, includes emojis, tags, or personally identifiable information such as codenames, personal names or initials, or addresses.
Photo includes one or more of emojis, tags, or personally identifiable information such as codenames, personal names or initials, or addresses; copyrighted material or watermarks, including screenshots of someone else’s photo; is obviously doctored; includes people, body parts, or live animals as the subject matter; is blurry, over/under exposed, taken inside a car, contains a watermark, or is improperly oriented.
Abusive text, description, and/or photo
Title, description, and/or photo is offensive/objectionable, includes hate speech against a protected group.
An obviously fake nomination due to a combination of abusive behaviors such as doctored photos, copied photos, or screenshotted photos with generic or falsified titles and descriptions, based on your local knowledge of the community.
Nominations with content that tries to sway and influence votes, such as dropping a codename or codewords in the title, description, or photo. Or making voting requests in the title, description, supporting information, or photo.
Live Wayspot marked for removal
Any accepted Wayspot that has been marked for removal will not be accepting any title, description, photo, or location edits. Any such submissions for such POIs will be automatically rejected.
Other type of abuse
Any other type of abuse that you feel is not in keeping with the spirit of Wayfarer’s mission to create the most interesting, family-friendly, and accurate representation of the real-world.