If you encounter any nominations or edits while reviewing that you believe are inappropriate or show signs of abuse, use the Wayfarer Support Chat on the Wayfarer website to report the nomination or edit in question. This option is only open to Explorers, so please sign in to your Wayfarer login email in order to submit a report.
What can you report anonymously via the Wayfarer Support Chat:
- Offensive or abusive title/description edits:
- Attempts to add an offensive title/description to a live Wayspot
- Title/description edits that mention codenames, real names or other personal information of players
- Titles, descriptions, or supporting information that attempt to inappropriately influence the reviewers to vote in a specific way
- Invalid location edits:
- Attempts to move the Wayspot to a location away from the object with which it’s associated (for example, moving the Wayspot to a different city/country)
- Issues with photos:
- Photos with recognizable faces, license plates
- Photos with watermarks or other copyrighted information
- Attempts to intentionally add unrelated photos
- Fake nominations:
- If you notice more than one nomination in the location that does not exist in the location, use this option to flag the location
Note: Wayfinders can report an inappropriate nomination during the review process. While reviewing the nomination, select one-star for the “Should this be a Wayspot” question and select the appropriate rejection reason.
What information do I need to include in the report:
- Title of the Wayspot
- Location (click the Google icon on the map to open the map in a separate tab and copy the URL)
- Reason for reporting
- Any additional information to explain why this candidate was reported
Once you fill in the form, you can take action on the candidate in Wayfarer. If it’s an invalid edit, choose the best option (title/description/edit) for that Wayspot and move on to the next review.
What action will be taken on the report?
Once we receive the report with the necessary information, we’ll review the reported nomination/edit and other nominations/edits submitted by the submitter. Players submitting invalid nominations/edits may receive a warning, a suspension, or have their Wayfarer account terminated. In case of repeated offenses or where the submitter is not active in Wayfarer, their Ingress or Pokémon GO account may also be affected.
In cases where the Wayspot was invalid and should not have been approved, we may also investigate the Wayfinders involved in the approval and issue penalties based on the severity of the offense. Wayfinders who submit inappropriate reports via the form linked above may also receive a warning or punishment for repeat offenses.
*If you are not a Wayfinder and wish to report inappropriate or abusive edits or Wayspots, please use your Ingress Scanner, Pokémon GO app or Pikmin Bloom to submit a report.
- Pokémon GO - Submitting a PokéStop or Contribution (only available for Trainers who’ve reached level 38), Request Modification or Removal of a PokéStop or Gym
- Pikmin Bloom - Reporting In-game Locations